Thursday 22 May 2008

Update...

Appologies for not posting an update for a while... this was mainly due to the fact that I have been spending most of my time down on the plot filling in the second raised bed and not really had a lot to report.


Purchased a couple of rose arches to train the runner beans up and have placed these over the path way that runs between two beds as I can then also plant other things in the beds and utilise space.

I have also netted the Strawberry plants today as something seems to have been walking on the bed and moving the bark chips around, the netting should protect the fruit as it ripens and stop it being eaten by wild birds etc...


Above you can see a picture of the newly repaired road that leads down the to the allotment double gates... before being repaired it had some huge holes that would fill with water when it rained and was very uneven to drive down. The Church have funded the repairs as it is a private road and everyone that uses it has been asked to contribute £10 towards the repair costs which I believe are around £1000.00

Also above is a picture of the rest of plot 31 (Numbered 31B) which is apparently let to someone but as you can see is very overgrown with Couch grass etc... Since taking on my plot I have never met or seen anyone working plot 31b and I have now drafted a letter to send to CIP expressing my interest in taking it on if the current occupier doesn't make any signs of cultivation in the near future.

No comments: