Friday 30 May 2008

Planting...

Even thought the weather has been rather poor this week the plot has progressed, my dad has started building me two more raised beds and a new delivery of bark chipping arrived on site so I continued making pathways between the beds. No idea who keeps dropping the chippings off to the site but i'm very gratefull as it's saving me a fortune... If only someone would drop a skip of for a few days LOL, at least I could then get the rubbish pile cleared.


Today I built a couple more bean arches and started planting some of the Runner bean plants that my mum got me in to the finished middle bed, will plant the rest on the other side of the arches once I have finished filling the beds... also moved my Morello Cherry Tree from home and planted it in between to the two new raised beds. Dad popped over for a while in between jobs and arrived with some fruit bushes for the plot, which was a nice suprise as I didn't know he was coming over. After spending a while helping me sift soil for one of the raised beds dad headed of to a job and after watering in the newly planted runner beans I decided to call it a day.

No comments: